Note that this page will be updated throughout the life of the project whenever significant events or milestones occur.
The Rockbridge Road Expansion a joint project of the GDOT and the Dekalb Transportation Dept. The purpose of the project is three-fold:
- To expand the section of Rockbridge from just West of Allgood Rd to Rowland Road to three lanes. Which will consist of two traffic lanes and a center turn lane.
- To add a sidewalk on the south side of the road.
- To replace water lines running under the road with new lines.
The Project Work Parameters are as follows:
- Normal work hours will be M-F 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- It will be permissible to work evenings 7:00 PM - 6:00 AM and Saturdays. (will only be under special circumstances
- Traffic Control method - single lane flagged traffic when necessary.
- Access to businesses will be maintained, however it may not be the current access location.
- Total Estimate for project: 540 Calendar Days
Major Project Components:
- Clear and cut into south side of Rockbridge – rebuild retaining walls
- Install water supply lines south side of road only
- Build / Rebuild Road and Sidewalk
- Move Utility Poles and Transmission lines from north to south side of road.